Are you interested in learning more about nutrition and making healthier lifestyle choices? At Young Forever Fitness and Nutrition Coach in Broomall, we’ve helped people of all shapes, sizes, and fitness levels achieve their fitness goals through our customized workout classes and nutrition coaching. When it comes to nutrition, it’s important to have a thorough understanding of quality foods and how they affect your body, and with the help of our nutrition experts, we can teach you everything you need to know.
It isn’t all about calories! You can eat 1200 calories of crap and still be overweight. You can eat 2000 calories of healthy food and drop weight like you never thought possible. It is all about the quality of the food you are eating.
The first thing that we want to change is the quality of food. After we change the quality of the food you eat you can start to focus on the quantity. Look at the food you eat and think about if it is fresh. Is your nutrition plan full of lean proteins, greens, veggies, and fruits? If not it probably isn’t good!
Here are a few rules that I like to start with:
- Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day. This should be obvious to everyone by now but by eating these small meals you speed up your metabolism and minimize the chances of you starving yourself and binging late at night.
- Eat the majority of your food early in the day and less later in the day. Although I am not a big stickler on not eating late at night I do believe that you should load most of your calories early in the day and taper them off as the day goes on. This means breakfast is a requirement.
- Your meals should be composed mostly of lean proteins and vegetables.
- Don’t be afraid of fats. They keep you full and as long as they are healthy fats, will speed up your metabolism and teach your body how to burn fat. If you deprive your body of fat in your diet you will be telling it that it needs to hold on to the fat that it currently has stored for excess energy.
- Kick the carbs! Try to limit your carbohydrate intake. Sugars and starchy carbs are the first thing that should go in a fat loss diet. Take out your breads and potatoes and replace them with veggies and fruits.
- Eliminate any drinks with calories with the exception of protein shakes and meal replacements. Think about what is added to all of your drinks: Starbucks, Coke, Juice, etc.
- Follow your plan 90% of the time and allow yourself 10% to do whatever you want. This allows you to plan your cheating. If you eat 5 meals a day that equals 35 meals each week. This means that you have 3.5, or let’s say 3 meals that you don’t have to adhere to the plan. This means that you can skip the meal, eat something not on the plan or do whatever you would like but you have to get right back on the plan.
The easiest way to tackle the task of mastering all of these rules is to implement one new rule each week. Focus on just one item and make it work for you each and every week. This way you are constantly working towards achieving success.
Your next step is to set an appointment to get started! Please make copies of each of the attached forms.